The Slingshotchannel Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Slingshotchannel Official Forum

The official forum of The Slingshot Channel

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Website and Blog
To the website
To the blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE MOVED!
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby JoergS Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:50 am

» The Slingshot Forum
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby ForumTech Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:33 am

» New section idea: other weapons.
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby ultimatelizardman Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 am

» The race is on.
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby Lars Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:23 am

» is there a way to get chat here?
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby MaddyMax Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 am

» Idea for new forum tab: Legal
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby Bert the Welder Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 am

» Password visible in confirmation mail.
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby mikehunt042084 Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:43 am

» HELP!!! Blank post.
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby mikehunt042084 Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 am

» Original post date?
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby tokSick Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 pm

» Legal in France
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby Xaromir Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 am

» Just a thought
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby DaveN Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:09 pm

» What's with the Signatures?
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby §pÒ¸Ón§ Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:40 pm

» Suggestion
Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeby Thomas Kole Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Keywords
slingshot
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 am

Password visible in confirmation mail.

Go down 
+3
mikehunt042084
randomNstupid
EyAlter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EyAlter

Password visible in confirmation mail.  Empty
PostSubject: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:12 am

I just joined and got a confirmation email displaying my Password. I think that is a security issue because people can just read my emails on my iPhone for instance and then know my password for all my sites.

Obviously I know about this kind of problem, so not a bid deal for me but others might not notice.
Back to top Go down
randomNstupid

randomNstupid

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:12 am

Well is recommended to use different passwords for different sites... if you are afraid of people entering your email via your Iphone, honestly I think the security leak comes from you, it has nothing to do with the forum's confirmation system.

But i have 2 advises i think could help
1.stop letting other people to read your email, it is supposed to be private... That's why you use a password to sing in
2. stop giving your iphone to people to surf the web, it is supposed to be private... That's why you use a password or pin to turn it on Wink
Back to top Go down
mikehunt042084

mikehunt042084

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 am

That's what ALL confirmation emails do, they wish to confim the info they have for you is correct and to do so they must email you a copy of what information you have provided. A copy of your password will also be emailed to you if you (or anyone else) clicks on the "I forgot my password" link on any website and puts in your email. The only way to prevent people from getting information from your email, if you are worried about it, is to simply delete the information from your email account. Hope that helps your peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
EyAlter

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 am

As I said: "Obviously I know about this kind of problem, so not a bid deal for me but others might not notice."
This is not a problem for me, bceause I know about it and deleted the email/got different passwords.

But normally the confirmation email does not display the passoword. And all professional sites (facebook, hotmail, microsoft, itunes) do not send you your password. Even if you cant remember it you can only reset it. That is because it is easy for people to get access to your mail system and if facebook would send you your password to your mail account, the person that got access to it will also have access to your facebook and all other accounts with the same password. 90% of the people only got 2-3 passwords because they are lazy. So it is important to keep those 3 passwords a secret.

Your argument about stop letting other people read your email is impossible to do. I cant just tell my friends or family not to use my phone because there might be passwords recorded in some of my mails. Its just not practical.
Back to top Go down
mikehunt042084

mikehunt042084

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 am

Earlier this year my yahoo account got hacked and they used my yahoo account to fiddle around with my facebook page. Long story short I had to have both accounts shut down. And when I said "Hope that helps with your peace of mind." I wasn't speaking directly to you, more of the collective internet "you"
Back to top Go down
zwillie

zwillie

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 am

I have made some scratches on my display in the area where I enter the passwort to keep out prying eyes.
Try it out.
Zwillie

PS Tip-Ex works on your screen as well.
Back to top Go down
mikehunt042084

mikehunt042084

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:02 am

Back to top Go down
Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 am

lol thats awesome
Back to top Go down
Bert the Welder

Bert the Welder

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 am

mikehunt042084 wrote:
Rather than scratch or write on your screen you could try this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Privacy-monitor-made-from-an-old-LCD-Monitor/step1/Take-the-monitor-apart/

Holy crap! Now that's paranoid!
If you regularly let people use your device, password protect your stuff and add a guess login with a clean slate so there's none of yer stuff to get at. If I'm letting others use my device, they aren't going to go rooting through my emails and stuff. May want to reconsider to whom you lend to if your friends do.
You gotta laugh at these "how-to's" that get you to open up something like an LCD and just start hacking away. Good way to waste money.IMHO.
I delete those emails and write out all my passwords on paper......way more secure........
Back to top Go down
http://www.wingnutdesigns.com
mikehunt042084

mikehunt042084

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 am

That's why you don't spend money on projects like this, my brother and father both work in computers, I just pick up old junker computers from them and make them into fun things. Like arcade machines.
Back to top Go down
onnod

onnod

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 am

mikehunt042084 wrote:
That's why you don't spend money on projects like this, my brother and father both work in computers, I just pick up old junker computers from them and make them into fun things. Like arcade machines.
cool
Back to top Go down
mikehunt042084

mikehunt042084

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:43 am

Thankyou, I thought it was cool as well. The next time I put one together (I'm finally going to keep one rather than give it away to a friend) I will put up some pictures in the off topic area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Password visible in confirmation mail.    Password visible in confirmation mail.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Password visible in confirmation mail.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slingshotchannel Official Forum :: About the Forum-
Jump to: